I Love BBQ and Music Festival contest winners announced
LAKE PLACID — Winners from the I Love BBQ and Music Festival cooking contests were recently announced. The annual event, which is a fundraiser for the Shipman Youth Center, was held Sept. 3-5 at the North Elba Show Grounds.
In all, 15 teams from across the United States competed in the Kansas City Barbeque Society contest on Sept. 5. The overall winners were Top Gun Barbecue, first, with 699.4628 points; The Pig’s Pajamas, second with 695.4284 points; and Belly Buss Barbeque, third, with 687.9772 points. The teams competed in four categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork and brisket.
The top three winners in the four categories were:
– Chicken: The Pig’s Pajamas, first; Paddy McQ’s, second; and Top Gun Barbecue, third.
– Pork ribs: Belly Buss Barbeque, first; El Jefe Smoke, second; and Uncle Pig’s Barbecue Pit, third.
– Pork: Top Gun Barbecue, first; Paddy McQ’s, second; and The Pig’s Pajamas, third.
– Brisket: RGD BBQ, first; Top Gun Barbecue, second; and Boggs Hog BBQ, third.
Winners of the following contests listed below were supplied by Katie Stephenson.
– Public choice ribs: V-Licious BBQ, first; Steve’s Prime BBQ, second; Paddy McQ’s, third; Boar-N-Q; fourth; and Fat Kids BBQ, fifth.
– Public choice pulled pork: V-Licious BBQ, first; Let Your Meat Shine Through Bar-B-Que, second; Paddy McQ’s, third; Boar-N-Q, fourth; Fat Kids BBQ, fifth; and Steve’s Prime BBQ, sixth.
– BBQ sauce contest: Steve’s Prime BBQ, first; and Let Your Meat Shine Through Bar-B-Que and Uncle Pigs Barbecue Pit, tied for second.
– Hot sauce contest: Let Your Meat Shine Through Bar-B-Que, first; Smokin’ Hoggs BBQ, second; and Pork N’ Bastards, third.