Looking for more volunteers of the year
Every year for our Community Resource Directory, the Lake Placid News and Adirondack Daily Enterprise name a volunteer of the year for the Tri-Lakes region. In March, we announced that Stephanie Gubelin of Lake Placid is our 2021 volunteer of the year.
Yet the village of Lake Placid and town of North Elba name their own “distinguished volunteers of the year” — one adult and one youth — and they are currently taking nominations. Below, we’ve listed the criteria:
– Any individual or organization may nominate one or more candidate(s).
– The organization and the volunteer work must be within the boundaries of North Elba.
– Previous nomination does not disqualify a person for another year.
– Keep nominations confidential. All nominees will not necessarily receive an award.
– Include as much pertinent information to support your nomination as you can.
– Provide at least one contact in support of your nomination. Be sure to include a name and a number where the support person can be reached.
– Additional letters of support are encouraged.
There are plenty of volunteers around, and many people stepped up their efforts a year ago when our society almost shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic. Perhaps you know one or two of these people. If so, please send nominations to Bethany Valenze at the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her phone number is 518-621-3662.
Nominations are due by July 15.