Time to recognize the people who make Lake Placid a great community
It’s that time of year to nominate the people you’d like to see recognized as the adult and youth Distinguished Volunteers of the Year for the village of Lake Placid and town of North Elba. Those awards will be announced this spring during the annual Community Day from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 31 at the North Elba Show Grounds.
To nominate a volunteer for the North Elba/Lake Placid Distinguished Volunteer of the Year, fill out the nomination form and return it to the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism by March 31. Forms are available at the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau, at 2608 Main St., and can be returned to Bethany Valenze by email at email@example.com or at the office.
Previous candidates may be re-nominated. The committee also retains and reviews all past nominees.
A Distinguished Volunteer award will be given in recognition of a lifetime of activity and effort on behalf of the town of North Elba and/or the village of Lake Placid. Volunteers have to live in North Elba/Lake Placid and the organization that they have been nominated for – and where they have performed their services – must be within the boundaries of North Elba.
Nominations are also being sought for the Youth Category for volunteers 18 years of age and under. The same criteria will be used.
– Any individual or organization may nominate one or more candidate(s).
– The organization and/or the volunteer work must be within the boundaries of North Elba.
– Previous nomination does not disqualify person for another year.
– Please keep nominations confidential. All nominees will not necessarily receive an award.
– Include as much pertinent information to support your nomination as you can.
– Please provide at least one contact in support of your nomination. Be sure to include name and number where support person can be reached.
– Additional letters of support are encouraged.
For more information, contact Bethany Valenze at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 518-621-3662.