Several Empire State Winter Games events rescheduled
LAKE PLACID — Due to expected extreme cold temperatures throughout the region, several of the events and competitions that make up the Feb. 2-5 Empire State Winter Games have been rescheduled.
Below is the most up-to-date listing of days and times for the events affected:
– The Adaptive bobsled and skeleton races Thursday, from Mt Van Hoevenberg, begin 3 pm.
– Long track speedskating, from the James C. Sheffield Speed Skating Oval, has been postponed until March 4-5
– Kombi Alpine racing from Whiteface Mountain has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11
– The junior bobsled and skeleton races have been rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 10
– Friday’s, Feb. 3, cross-country ski races at Dewey Mountain in Saranac Lake have been canceled
– Friday’s, Feb. 3, Alpine super-G alpine race, from Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington has been canceled
– The new start time for Saturday’s, Feb. 4, biathlon event, from Mt Van Hoevenberg is now noon
– The new start time for Saturday’s cross-country ski races at Mt Van Hoevenberg is 2:30 p.m.
– The cross-country freestyle sprint championship from Mt Van Hoevenberg has been cancelled Saturday.
For more information about the 43rd Empire State Winter Games, including updated schedules, visit www.empirestatewintergames.com.