Who gets vaccines first? Second?
(The following information was provided by New York state online at https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov.)
New York state will distribute the COVID-19 vaccine in phases based on need and risk. We are currently in Phase 1A.
Eligible New Yorkers in Phase 1A are:
– High-risk hospital workers (emergency room workers, ICU staff and Pulmonary Department staff)
– Residents and staff at nursing homes and other congregate care facilities
– Federally Qualified Health Center employees
– EMS workers
– Coroners, medical examiners and certain funeral workers
– Staff and residents at OPWDD, OMH and OASAS facilities
– Urgent care providers
– Individuals administering COVID-19 vaccines, including local health department staff
Beginning Jan. 4:
– All Outpatient/Ambulatory front-line, high-risk health care workers of any age who provide direct in-person patient care
– All staff who in direct contact with patients (i.e., intake staff)
– All front-line, high-risk public health workers who have direct contact with patients, including those conducting COVID-19 tests, handling COVID-19 specimens and COVID-19 vaccinations
– This includes, but is not limited to,
– Doctors who work in private medical practices and their staff
– Doctors who work in hospital-affiliated medical practices and their staff
– Doctors who work in public health clinics and their staff
– Registered Nurses
– Specialty medical practices, all types
– Dentists and orthodontists and staff
– Psychiatrists, psychologists and staff
– Physical therapists and their staff
– Optometrists and their staff
– Pharmacists and pharmacy aides
– Home care workers
– Hospice workers
– Staff of nursing homes/skilled nursing facilities who did not receive COVID vaccination through the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program
Prior to receiving the vaccination, people must complete the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form. This form can be completed online and applicants will receive a submission ID, or they can fill out the form at their vaccination site.
Following vaccinations for the health care sector, New York will move to Phase 1B of the distribution, which will include teachers and education workers, first responders, public safety workers, public transit workers and people 75 and older.